Friday 21 August 2020

My Flight Report Easyjet flight EZY8878 Amsterdam, The Netherlands - London Gatwick, UK 18th August 2020 *COVID-19 EDITION*


Airline: Easyjet
Flight: EZY8878
Type: Airbus A319
Reg: G-EZDI
Flight of origin: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Terminal: All D
Destination: London Gatwick, UK
Terminal: North Terminal
Flight time: 40 minutes 
Type of travel: Non-Schengen flight outside the EU/EEA


Welcome to an outbound Flight Report to the UK from The Netherlands. We are heading back to the UK with Easyjet flight to London Gatwick. 

Entering the terminal is like normal life at Schipol. Before you start to check-in, their is a sign that wearing a face mask is required. We mean't to hand over out Dutch Health Screening Form because now flights (including ferries) from The Netherlands to the UK are required to quarantine no one at the airport staff, immigration and the gate mentioned it.  


Their is a 1 meter plus social distancing in The Netherlands so many Dutch travelers follow the guidance depending on other travelers. To me, social distancing when I was in downtown Amsterdam looks like normal way of life. The ePassport gate was closed so I wen't to EU Citizen passport control desk with a friendly talk about removing my mask. 



My aircraft back to Gatwick is the same aircraft that took my to Amsterdam on the 14th August. I'm happy to say, the chocolate stain on row 8A is gone & the cabin is fully cleaned. The aircraft was 85% full compare my last flight was roughly 40% full. 


Departing Amsterdam was smooth with beautiful weather as we enter the North Sea coast. Cabin crew did an amazing job with announcement on Covid-19 then snack bar service. If you don't know, Easyjet are only accepting contactless credit/debit card payment. It didn't take long when snack bar service was finished & get ready to throw rubbish away.

As we've entered the UK aircspace, I've spotted former Manston Airport shame it was covered up by the clouds. As we started decending, we've gone through pretty cloudy path until our final approach into Gatwick where it was a little bit windy. 


And I arrived at Gatwck apart runway 26L few minutes early. Our gate was 572 right at the back of  North Terminal we did have a 15 minute wait next to the control tower due to an aircraft already at our gate to leave.
UK Quarantine 

Before arriving to the UK, all passengers must fill in passenger location forum online by the British Government by 48 hours before arriving into the country. It must be shown by UK Border Force fail to do so will deny entry to the UK & face fines. You can do it at the airport with a QR Code. 

I didn't use the ePassport gate due to Brexit Transition Period many EU citizens like myself didn't use it so I went to the desk. They still got UK/EU/EEA line (as well as Blue Channel for Customs) but I wasn't so sure so I followed it. When it was my turn, showed the immigration my location form and I've entered the UK without getting stamped into the country as freedom of movement continues until 31st December 2020. 

Finally I'm at my house currently on 14 day quarantine.

My overall rating:
  • Cabin: 10/10
  • Hygienic: 10/10
  • Food: N/A 
  • Cabin Crew: 10/10
  • Service: 10/10   
Overall: 10/10
Thank you Easyjet.

1 comment:

  1. Hi everyone, I saw comments from people who had already got their loan from Anderson Loan Finance. Honestly, I thought it was a scam, and then I decided to make a request based on their recommendations. A few days ago, I confirmed in my personal bank account amounting to $15,000 dollars which I applied for. This is really a good news and I am so very happy that I advise all those who need a real loan and who are sure to reimburse to apply through their email (text or call) +1 719 629 0982. There are sincere loan lenders! They are capable to lend you a loan. Contact Mr Anderson E-mail: andersonraymondloanfinance@gmail.com

    Phone: +1 719 629 0982


    E-mail: andersonraymondloanfinance@gmail.com

    Office address is (68 Fremont Ave Penrose CO, 812400).

    ReplyDelete