Tuesday 8 January 2013

Cargo/Military visitors in Malta International Airport Summer 2012

Welcome to my first blog of Aircraft Aviation in Europe. We are going to take a look at new aircraft in my home country in Malta.

Note: These photos from 2006-2012 are from Kodak C340 camera you will see some poor quality image in couple of blogs but two months ago I bought an upgraded camera Fujifilm Finepix S2980 with good quality images.

Taken in Malta 30th June 2012
Air Atlanta Icelandic TF-ATX is a Boeing 747-200F was new to British Airways G-BDXM in 1977. In 2002 British Airways retire their Boeing 747-200 for scrap of cargo use. This plane is only in Malta for cargo and left unfortunately I don't know where it was heading.  








Taken in Malta 5th July 2012

Next is Star Away International probably the oldest aircraft still operational the McDonnel Douglas DC-8 first flew in 1959. This plane was brand new to Alitalia I-DIWW in 1970. This aircraft transferred lots of times I can't explain more but it recently join Star Away International from African International Airways in 2009 as 3D-AIA. ZS-OSI stayed in Malta for re-fuel and rest for a day to continue her cargo.


Taken in Malta 11th July 2012
Here is Qatar-Air Force A7-MAB a Boeing C-17A Globemaster III new in 2009 departing Malta runway 31 I think it was on route to Doha. I have a video you can Click Here to see her take off.

No comments:

Post a Comment