Monday 18 March 2013

First photo of a Boeing 747



This was my first ever photo in plane spotting history a Boeing 747-400 belong to Air China seen in Malta 3rd September 2004 registered B-2472 was new to Air China in 2nd May 2000. This aircraft arrived in Malta on 2nd September 2004 I believe it came all away from Beijing, China if I remember correctly then the next day on 3rd September 2004 I think it was going to Spain.

I did had more Boeing 747 photos in 2005 and 2006 but unfortunately my computer had a hard drive crash when I try to burn to a CD my computer shut down when I had a power cut then when I turn it back on my computer detected a virus and my hard drive crashed as I said so I lost few more photos.

The airline I remember seeing before my computer crashed was MK Airlines Boeing 747-200 a freight  company keep coming to Malta from Manston Kent, United Kingdom.

My recent photo was Air Atlanta Icelandic TF-ATX a Boeing 747-200 new to British Airways in 1977 taken 20th June 2012 is already in my early blogs. We don't see a lot of Boeing 747 to Malta quite often but a recent airliner Corsair International Boeing 747-400 registered F-HLOV diverted to Malta on a long haul flight from Orly, France to Mauritius in the middle of the night.18 year old passenger felt ill pilots made an emergency landing to Malta the ambulance took the sick passenger to hospital in Malta while Corsair International continues her flight to Mauritius I missed that because I'm in United Kingdom.

As I said we don't see Boeing 747's in Malta more often unlike Airbus A340's but we do see few 747's in the future for VIP and cargo.

No comments:

Post a Comment