Saturday 25 May 2013

First ever aircraft photos from 2001

This is were it started it all!! This was my first ever aircraft photo (well two). These two Air Malta Boeing 737-300 planes in Malta August 2001. I can't see the registration very well I think it's 9H-ADH and 9H-ADM. When this photo was taken in 2001 I was only 10 years old I didn't have money to buy a new camera I asked my grandmother back in Malta to borrow her camera.
Interesting is after I took couple of photos the weather we know in Malta is hot and sunny but after my first plane spotting photos was done the weather was turning horrible!!! It was starting to rain hard with dark clouds in the sly and starting to thunder!!!! It is natural for Malta during the end of August when the season starts to change around September.

This photo I talked about on my Facebook page. Alitalia I-DANV McDonnell Douglas MD-82 new to Alitalia in 1991 was my first EU aircraft photo in 2001 at the time we Maltese was not in the EU till 2004. You can see on top right corner the clouds I talked about was coming. I don't know what happen now this is aircraft it is in USA to be Pennant Aviation registered N256PA in October 2010 but it's still stored since!!! I don't know if company don't exist or the US government law changed to modern planes like EU laws we don't see a lot of old noisy and smoke come out the engine during take off and landing much like older MD-80 planes, Tupolev Tu-15 series & other Russian planes and even Boeing 737-200 and 747-100 to 300 we don't see often.

No comments:

Post a Comment