Saturday 13 July 2013

Gozo Heliport what happen now?


I just visited Gozo's empty heliport in Xewkija been closed since 2006 (no plan to be demolished or shutting down) You wan't to know what's going on in the future? let's find out I hope it's correct.


This was my first time I visited Gozo heliport as you can see it's a very small terminal building you have arrivals on the right and departures on the left. Three polls is meant to show flags of Gozo, Malta & EU flag. What route to Gozo heliport operate? back then it only operate domestic flights between Gozo and Malta International Airport. Malta Air Charter first started operating Malta to Gozo in 1990 till 2004 Helicopteros del Sureste a Spanish company took over from 2004 till October 2006.

Are there any plans to operate Gozo Heliport again? The answer is yes because in the future Heli Link Malta is currently on hold if they can operate normal flights between Malta & Gozo. I also found out few months ago the Maltese Government might try to operate from Gozo to Sicily.

That's the information I have found out if the Maltese Government will restore Gozo flights I'll let you know of you are thinking to come and visit Gozo.


No comments:

Post a Comment