Sunday 3 August 2014

Amsterdam Airport July 2014 Part 1

This was my first time I visited The Netherlands and spent 5 days of one of my best plane spotting areas in Europe! I'll be making 4 part blog in Amsterdam Schipol Airport.


When I was on Flybe parking I saw this aircraft belong to KLM. It's a Boeing 747-400M meaning Passenger/freight or Combi. It carry passengers at the front with cargo at the back with a large cargo door open. It first flew in 30th June 1989 KLM was the first one delivered in September 19th 1989. There are 3 in KLM Asia livery only heading to Asia. as

KLM PH-KCB McDonnell Douglas MD-11 new to KLM in March 1994 taken 20th July 2014.
One of the main reason I want to go to Amsterdam is to take few shots of the last 4 KLM's McDonnell Douglas MD-11. In 1993 KLM delivered their MD-11 in December 7th 1993 I believe the first one is PH-KCA most of KLM's MD-11 as recently sent one in storage & most waiting for scrapped. To be honest KLM should continue operated MD-11's as they are not as hold compare to older Boeing 747-400 most are still active (like British Airways). Here is link of KLM's last flight which will start at the end of October. 

http://airchive.com/blog/2013/10/31/last-klm-md11-flight-in-late-2014-end-trijet/


Aer Lingus EI-DVM Airbus A320-200 new to Aer Lingus in March 2011 seen in Amsterdam, The Netherlands 20th July 2014.
Well well we meet again! I mention on Facebook about Aer Lingus's retro livery EI-DVM I saw it in Dublin, Republic of Ireland back in February but NOW I saw it in Amsterdam, The Netherlands in July! I will make a blog of Dublin Airport I forgot to do. EI-DVM  seen in Amsterdam getting ready for push back & off to Dublin, Republic of Ireland.


Flybe operated Amsterdam everyday from the UK. They fly from Birmingham, East Midlands, Exeter, Southampton and Inverness one of Scottish first international flights from Inverness. Flybe's main parking is in D Gates as well as non-Schengen to the UK, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Bulgaria Cyprus and Non-European flights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment