Wednesday 18 July 2018

Aviation in Malta June/July 2018 - Visitors

My aviation spotting back home has been a success with various airliners visiting Malta during the Summer for charters and private. For that reason, I'll explain of these aircraft I've seen from June and July of 2018 in no political order. First, I like to thank for your patience three weeks without using my social media. This is because I'm currently down with a desktop PC my laptop I have for years & years have finally gave up so I'm using a PC till I get a new laptop in the future.  

Ryanair EI-DCL Boeing 737-800 delivered in 2004 taken 27th June 2018.

Ryanair is not mainly a visitor to Malta with 5 aircraft bases their. The reason why this is interesting to me, is that this aircraft you can tell if the Boeing Dreamliner livery in full Boeing livery on the fuselage and the winglet with Ryanair logo on the rear & tail. The reason why Ryanair & other airliners have Boeing Dreamliner livery is because airline companies & Boeing want to share their marketing brand to convince customers to buy newer aircraft for number of reasons I won't explain. So Ryanair's case at the time during painting this livery, is the future of the Boeing fleet like the Boeing 737 MAX series are quiet & eco-friendly. Airliners like Air Berlin "ceased operation", China Airlines, Lion Air and Ryanair I know of have their livery on different aircraft types only China Airlines Boeing 777 and Boeing 747-400 featured the Dreamliner livery 

Anyway, EI-DCL Boeing 737-800 "Boeing Dreamliner" was based in Malta till early July so this is a good catch because you won't find a livery like this in Europe these days. Unless Airbus would copy Boeing livery idea.

Danish Air Transport OY-LHD Airbus A320 new to Adria Airways in 1990 ex YU-AOD taken 30th June 2018.
Danish Air Transport seems to visit Malta often for charter, this is not what I've expected to see till I looked on Flightradar24 & the history of the aircraft it's not only it's the oldest Airbus A320 I've seen from 1990, this aircraft when it was with Adria Airways when it was re-registered as S5-AAB, it worked for Air Malta in March 1996 for six month leasing program by Adria Airways in full Air Malta livery with Slovene registration.    

Hi Fly Malta 9H-MIP Airbus A380 new to Singapore Airlines in 2008 ex 9V-SKC taken 4th July 2018.

The main attraction for me is this big beast! the Airbus A380 arrives in Malta from Singapore via Abu Dhabi, UAE what soon to become HI Fly Malta one of first Maltese Airbus A380 to Malta. Many airliners now are planning to withdrawn the Airbsu A380 starting with the oldest, and with Singapore Airline case they are one of the first ones withdrawal their older A380's. This will mean when the paint job is complete, Hi Fly Malta will be the first charter airliner in the world to own a gigantic super jumbo before it heads off her first charter flight. 

Bulgarian Air Chater LZ-LDM McDonnell Douglas MD-82 new Alitalia in 1995 ex I-DATK taken 8th July 2018.
Recently Bulgarian wet leased by Air Malta due to short of fleet before Airbus A320neo arrived. Since then it used McDonnell Douglas MD-82. Recently this month, Bulgarian Air Charter visited Malta on charter use I've seen them twice in Malta I missed one in 5th July when it was on charter from Sofia, Bulgaria then later to Comiso, Italy. This one you see taken 8th July Bulgarian Air Charter came to Malta to/from Milan-Malpensa, Italy for charter using the old McDonnell Douglas MD-82 again & again, I've haven't seem how often it traveled to Malta when Alitalia used them to Malta.

JOTA Aviation G-JOTR British Aerospace Avro RJ85 new to Delta Air Transport in 1996 ex OO-DJT taken 30th June 2018.
JOTA Aviation has made a comeback as a charter from Sofia, Bulgaria till couple of hours later it traveled to London Southend, UK as a charter.

Smartlynx Estonia ES-SAM Airbus A320 new to JetBlue Airways in 2002 ex N553JB taken 6th July 2018.
Smartlynx have been using Malta as a charter service from Billund, Denmark since June. Unfortunately for me one Smartlynx flight was cancelled till I've found out a week later, Smartlynx Estonia fleet is coming to Malta from Enfidham Tunisia as charter later back to Bullund Denmark in full Smartlynx livery that the tail resembles like Delta Air Lines. Smartlynx also sends out YL-LCL to Malta every Thursday operating for Thomas Cook Airlines based from Bristol, UK.

Saudi Arabian Cargo TF-AMM Boeing 747-400 new to Malaysia Airlines in 1995 ex 9M-MPC taken 10th July 2018.
Finally we have another jumbo visit, this time the old Boeing 747-400 while the Airbus A380 was in in process of re-paint. This was taken during my last couple of days in Malta then I was done after seeing the Boeing 747 my spotting was done so very lucky to see this old bird. The aircraft is Saudi Arabian Cargo which I've seen in the past here somehow the logos was removed  & operating by Air Atlanta Icelandic from Lagos, Nigeria & the next morning after 4am it was on flight to Bridgetown, Barbados.

No comments:

Post a Comment