Thursday 18 August 2022

Aviation in Amsterdam, The Netherlands 4th June 2022

Welcome back to the first blog for 2022! I've been out of nowhere during 2021/mid 2022 during the pandemic and other events. 

I have alot of spotting photos to go through including last year so let's start with Amsterdam in The Netherlands. The weather on that day started to rain so I had less spotting.


Amsterdam at the time of posting has been chaos for passengers. Similar to the UK, Amsterdam has lack of staff from staff sickness relating to Covid for baggage handlers, security checks, immigration and various staff. Meaning flight cancellations, suspended bookings and lost luggage. Luckily my luggage arrived as I took a flight from Southampton, UK.

The last time I was in Amsterdam, Delta Air Lines use to send out Boeing 767's while other fleet still uses Airbus A330's. Now Delta send's their new Airbus A350's and Airbus A330neo's from the US. During the day I've only seen thr A330ceo and A350 so this is the best one on final approach.

On flightradar24 I saw an Etihad Boeing 787-10 with a special feature on the engine. This aircraft A6-BMI showes ecoDemonstrator program is showing off how this aircraft is going greener.

American Airlines I've only seen two of them in Amsterdam. The 787-8 aircraft arriving from Philadelphia, USA in the early morning. Later on their is a 787-9 from Dallas, USA.

TUI Airlines Netherlands mostly send's their Beoing 737's from the Mediterranean. Since the return of the 737 MAX program, this aircraft is a Boeing 737 MAX 8 delivered a year ago.

China Airlines on final from Taipei, Republic of China (Taiwan). However, their has been recent political & military uncertainty by the mainland China similar to current Russia's invasion of Ukraine. If China threatened Taiwan, similar to Ukraine we might not see the national carriers anytime soon.

Finally, time to go classic! Before the rain & thunderstorms arrived, I had my chance to see this Airbus A310 I rarely see nowadays. This is a 30 year old Airbus A310 delivered new to Aeroflot in 1992 as F-OGQU. It went to Emirates in 2005 converted to Cargo and ULS Airlines in 2008. It was arriving from Istanbul, Turkey.

Thank you for looking at my blog, it has been over a year ago. Their is changes where I'll ve showing my spotting and aircraft only. I will no longer doing YouTube, Flickr and flight reports. 

No comments:

Post a Comment