Monday 23 May 2016

Virgin Atlantic liveries


Virgin Atlantic had different liveries over the years it first started in the 1980's with different fleets so I will explain Virgin Atlantic's liveries per different aircraft type.

Virgin Atlantic G-VROY Boeing 747-400 seen in London Gatwick, UK taken 23rd January 2013.
This is 2 in 1 of the Boeing 747-400 in London Gatwick, UK although the liveries with the engine and tail is still the same look it's just the logos on the fuselage. The 747 taking to park has the old Virgin Atlantic logo which was dark purple writing to me it's boring look but since it was the third change from early 2000's I give Virgin credit because their fleets other than 747's had different fonts. Another 747-400 at the gate had giant text I give it 9/10 because as I said it's big & easy for passengers if it's Virgin Atlantic because there are different Virgin airlines all over the world some are huge or tiny.

Virgin Atlantic G-VFIZ Airbus A340-600 seen in Malta 25th January 2013.
This was my lucky one as I mention why this Airbus A340 was in Malta. Anyway you can see the different of the livery and that is there was purple stripes around the tail and I think it's a bit dark red unless it's either me or the camera setting during wet weather conditions also if I remember the fuselage on the A340 series was a bit grayer than the Boeing 747 series. 

Virgin Atlantic G-VRAY Airbus A330-300 seen in London Gatwick, UK taken 1st March 2015.
Finally we have Airbus A330-300. Although there is not much to see like I mention the Boeing 747-400 it's just the new text on the fuselage there is nothing much to say. With the lasted edition to the fleet, the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner there is also nothing much to mention about because it looks similar to the Airbus A330. With Airbus A380 coming to Virgin Atlantic in 2018 I think the purple logo will be similar as the Boeing 747-400 but making it bigger between the fuselage and the bottom of the aircraft I did NOT mention.  

No comments:

Post a Comment