Tuesday 25 October 2016

My flight report Air Malta KM117 London Gatwick, UK - Malta 24th October 2016

Airline: Air Malta
Flight: KM117
Type: Airbus A320-200
Registration: 9H-AEP
Flight of origin: London Gatwick, UK South Terminal
Destination: Malta
Flight time: 2 hours & 50 minutes


It was a busy morning in London Gatwick, UK in South Terminal. Before I went to Gatwick while I was on my way to the airport, disaster happened in Malta International Airport. At 07:20am a small Fairchild Swearingen Metroliner aircraft registered N577MX has crashed during takeoff  but we'll get to that later on in the blog. During the incident, the airport in Malta was closed for roughly 3 hours causing more flights to delay & some cancelled from Ryanair until the airport was re-opened & start flying the delayed flight. Our flight time was mean't to be 11:55am we departed London Gatwick roughly gone 3:15pm UK time. Even though when my flight was delayed, you can still check-in but you have to take the luggage encase if flight is cancelled. When the airport was re-opened we dropped our bags at the desk & head straight to the departures for food.


And here she is! This was a lucky day at the gate because this was taken at the new Pier 1 when Gatwick made it smaller & less space. Once we started boarding my only complain is that I was sitting 5F, they boarded the flight from the back, middle & the front shouldn't it be the other way around? I mean business class & disabled comes first yes but not back row seats after business class comes first. I think it's out of order because business class up to emergency exit row should come first that is in my opinion. 

Unfortunately I don't have any cabin pics at this time but I have to say it's completely spotless. The cabin crew are alright although I do think some are polite with their smiles on their faces unless it was me trying to fall a sleep until one special cabin crew does during boarding, service in business class passengers and goodbyes after landing "Now that's what I call the REAL cabin crew!" If you remember on my Facebook before I went to the UK, back in the Summer she is a good friend of mine giving requests of me taking photos during her travel movements in the Summer "Thank you very much for this awesome flight! It's been a long time." I do think 3 months wasn't long compare if I miss someone special for 1 year or so.  

With food it's the same typical roll with water although when I smelt it, I start to feel a bit sick so I couldn't eat it "Sorry!" Believe it or not, some Full Service Airliners are ending full food like British Airways recently did on short haul flights only go for little snacks They had complimentary tea & coffee due to the delay of the flight although  I was sleeping I didn't see what happened so I have to give credit.


During the flight it was smooth like really smooth for takeoff and landing. Even though unfortunately it was classed as a night flight because my camera doesn't like night flights but I do enjoy seeing the sunset when the sun turns orange "Now it's my chance!" other than that it was a good flight I really enjoyed more than my Flybe flight from Amsterdam, The Netherlands - Southampton, UK. 


And so by 07:15pm I landed back in Malta in one peace (wrong calculation on flightradar24) because I was sitting on the right side of the aircraft I did see the crash site of N577MX I didn't want to talk about it makes my heart felt completely broken. And so that was my latest Air Malta flight I enjoyed it so much makes me want to forget my Flybe flight. Coming next Tuesday, flight KM100 to London Heathrow, UK.

My overall score from Aircraft Aviation in Europe:
  • Cabin - 10/10
  • Hygienic -10/10
  • Food - 9/10
  • Cabin Crew - 9.9/10
  • Service 9.9/10
Overall: 9.9/10 

It's been a great pleasure as you're fellow aviation reporter on board this awesome Air Malta flight & I thank you for it. Keep it up & look forward next Tuesday.  

PS: I am not counting the delay on the rating as it's not the airlines fault. 

No comments:

Post a Comment