Sunday 11 February 2018

My flight report British Airways flight BA429 Amsterdam, The Netherlands - London Heathrow, UK 8th February 2018




Airline: British Airways
Flight: BA429
Type: Boeing 767-300ER
Registation: G-BNWX
Flight of origin: Amsterdam, The Netherlands Departure Hall 2
Destination London Heathrow, UK Terminal 5
Type of travel: Non-Schengen travelling within the European Union
Flight time: 44 minutes

Welcome to another Flight Report! Today we take a look a my recent flight with British Airways flight BA429 from Amsterdam, The Netherlands to London Heathrow, UK this will include my first experience on a Boeing 767 aircraft on seat 20A which is the reasons for very loud flaps. As British Airways is starting to retire all of their Boeing 767's I like to explain what I think of the flight for those who are thinking to travel with them before each of the seven Boeing 767-300ER will be withdrawn.


We start by seeing the aircraft. When you look at it if I was a non-aviation guy I would have say "An aircraft that big for a very short flight? thought it's for long haul..." When the aircraft parked closer, the engines sounded so old school from the year it was built. The 767-300ER is mean't to be quiet than the 200 depending where you'll sit. One thing I was really looking forward is the noise of the flaps & one of the best seats for rows 20A/G - 24A/G in my opinion.



As I first entered the Boeing 767 for the first time, I was blowing my mind the look of the cabin because in Economy Class it still has it's original ish character from when it was built in 1993/1994 with new things like the seats, flat screen entertainment  & so on on Club World. (I don't know what it looks like on 767) the overhead compartment, the seat belt & no smoking signs and the panels still has it's original Boeing look back in the 90's compare my BA 737 Classic flights.

Before the aircraft pushed back, for the first time I see a brand new safety video that's done & partnership with Comic Relief featuring British celebrities explaining the safety & emergency procedures. My favorite part in that video is my favorite actor Rowan Atkinson as Mr Bean and Johnny English was in the final part donating a £1 count for charity till he dropped his money trying to find it as Mr Bean character. In general it's a nice safety video but I prefer the previous safety briefing which was animated & has the character feeling the airline more British and explains more of the safety video.

During the flight the cabin crew started their crew service of snacks from M&S for short haul flights only I don't expect for a 44 minute flight to start like this because when I traveled to Catania, Italy Air Malta give us free drinks for the flight so why didn't British Airways think of this without paying money for water? for a Boeing 767 I thought to myself the crew service will be touch & go from each Economy Class, collecting rubbish and handout UK landing cards. The seats on these Boeing 767's are VERY nice and SUPER comfortable! maybe the biggest seat I ever sited on an airline I had extra leg room.


So I landed in London Heathrow, UK at Terminal 5 with an amazing landing & how quiet is the reverse thrust was for an old Boeing 767! After 60 knots entering the taxiway the aircraft made very loud brakes like the Boeing 737 Classic and hearing those wonderful flaps going up. So for me I prefer to travel on a Boeing 767-300ER compare the Airbus A330 noise I would expect Boeing 777 the same.


My overall rating from Aircraft Aviation in Europe: 

  • Cabin: 9/10
  • Hygienic: 10/10
  • Food: N/A
  • Cabin Crew: 10/10
  • Service: 9.7/10 
Overall: 9.8/10

Thank you British Airways for this amazing short flight I will travel again soon.


If that's not enough, I have a Full Flight video uploaded to my YouTube Channel part of the Full Flight Series. Let's aim more views! so don't forget to subscribe to my Channel, like & comment on my video. Click me to watch the whole video of the flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment