Saturday 10 February 2018

My flight report Flybe flight BE1017 Southampton, UK - Amsterdam, The Netherlands 5th February 2018

Airline: Flybe
Flight: BE1017
Type: Bombardier Dash 8 Q400
Registration: G-JEDM
Flight of origin: Southampton, UK
Destination Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Type of travel: Non-Schengen travelling within the European Union
Flight time: 55 minutes

Welcome to the first Flight Report of 2018

As I mention before my past Flybe flights was disappointing to & from Paris Charles de Gaulle, France this flight is a little bit similar so for this report I will explain the crew & the cabin. 

First I boarded the new livery Flybe aircraft from the rear. This is wear I get embarrassed on these Dash 8's. Because I'm quite tall I always have a habit of bumping my head in the cabin when entering when I have difficulty holding my hand luggage climbing the ladder. After I entered the aircraft, I was at the back seat. Takeoff was very smooth than I expected till at 25,000 feet above Cambridge we struck turbulence for 5 minutes. One criticism I had is the overhead lockers was full leaving my hand luggage underneath the seat in front of me as I left my knee up to get comfy, it did not work out. The seats unfortunately is uncomfortable it's too small for someone like me who is taller so I pass on that. 

The crew service was very good serving light snacks & hot/cold drinks until THIS happened... I wanted a snack with Euro notes "I'm sorry sir we don't have any change in Euros only Sterling" I was like "Are you kidding me..." with a €20 note I didn't had any money from my debit card (I prefer take cash instead using card) so I was giving the change in British Pound from the exchange rate. If they are aware during or after the crew briefing, the purser should also say in passenger announcement that they are very low on Euros so it be great for the passengers to pay in Sterling or cards. 

When I was on final approach into Amsterdam, The Netherlands it was so smooth thinking to myself "We're gonna have a smooth landing" I turned out wrong it was quite hard 



My overall score from Aircraft Aviation in Europe: 

  • Cabin: 8/10
  • Hygienic: 10/10
  • Food: N/A
  • Cabin Crew: 9.7/10
  • Service: 9.1/10 
Overall: 9.1/10

No comments:

Post a Comment