Saturday 3 November 2018

My Flight Report China Airlines CI101 Tokyo Narita, Japan - Taipei, Republic of China 14th September 2018


Airline: China Airlines
Flight: CI101
Type: Airbus Boeing 777-300
Registration: B-18003
Flight of origin: Tokyo Narita, Japan Terminal 2
Destination: Taipei, Republic of China Terminal 2
Date:14th September 2018
Flight time: 2 hours and 25 minutes
Type of Travel: Non-European flight travelling within Asia

We're almost done of my flight reports within Asia with this one and my final flight report coming next week. I've been busy with photos, editing, videos and attending an event so I didn't had time to finish my future blogs for Japan but we're almost done. Also my laptop is almost at the end of it's life my process is a little slow. So lets take a look at my report. 


When I arrived at the airport, it looks super modern & super clean! It almost like living into the future with bright lights, modern monitors like you might not think Japan is in the year 2018 in my opinion. So I just chilled looking at my flight & walk around with heavy suitcases at the observation deck, and  grabbed a Mc Donald's for breakfast. When the last flight of check-in was closed, my flight comes up an hour later & all the staff for my Taipei flight started to show up on screen, the agents started bowing.


I used the self service check-in & how lucky I was to find one window seat left... I've should have checked in early at the airport to have more luck sitting by the wing but instead I was sitting near the back. Because I had luggage I need check them in it took a while because of my nationality going to ROC for Maltese Citizens and for another flight to London Gatwick, UK. The agent can't speak good English which doesn't has to be because Japan is not an English common language. So I have to talk to another agent who deals with luggage tags & understand some English to explain I'm staying overnight to my final destination so I like to collect my bags & I'll be staying at a hotel. So It was confirmed & heads to Taipei. 

After security, I have to go through customs for Tax refund encase I've spend over £50 GBP or more in some stores have Tax Free some don't so stores I wen't doesn't have that so I've shown customs my boarding pass & passport and off to immigration 


Japanese immigration will stamp your passport not a sticker on port of entry. Once the passports is scanned and QR is checked, I got stamped the process takes 15 seconds.  You can see on the top left this is a tourist visa sticker. 


On my flight ticket I was mean't to be on Airbus A350-900 back to Taipei. When I was looking at the flights randomly on Expedia the aircraft type has changed to a Boeing 777 which is my favorite aircraft in the world. I got lucky for this one because I've never been on a Boeing 777 in general.


Of course the main reason why I love Boeing 777 is the engine!


This is what the cabin looks like on a Boeing 777. When I've first entered it looks like the A350 feel with similar layout and newer LCD screens. You can see on the top panel on newer versions of the Boeing 777, if that the No Smoking sigh has been removed & replaced with a sticker by the air vent. After the aircraft pushed back, their is one problem of this flight...normally for large aircraft these days should have safety videos. Unfortunately it was done manually with the purser talking in Chinese, English and Japanese while the rest of the crew have to repeat it three times. I'm not complaining on their English because it's not the common language for Taiwan like Japan so at least the purser tried so hard with the English language. 

After takeoff from Tokyo Narita we've started to have a bit of turbulence through out the Tokyo Control Airspace for less than an hour and by the Philippine Sea the flight was calm. The flight path on the map is the same as my inbound flight so I won't explain more about that.    



Lunch is served! I had chicken with rice & various vegetables. Chicken has a hint of spice, rice taste like rice and vegetables with broccoli does't have any taste & same for carrots are hidden. The rest I had before inbound to Japan is pretty good and I ask for a beer from Taiwan called Taiwan Beer with China Airlines name under the logo. I had a chocolate that came separate with Kit Kat Green Tea it tastes really good I wanted more.



During the flight all window blinds was closed for a short flight with flight entertainment that has the same on my past China Airlines flights. I've watched a bit of Solo not really keen on the movie compare to other Star Wars movies are great. I've seen Marvel Avengers it's great but others I didn't watch. The touchscreen is very responsive like my Airbus A350 flight so you'll won't be disappointing compare to Airbus A330,  


During our final approach into Taipei, it was smooth till we're about 30 feet above the runway with a little bit of a hard touchdown due to winds that's normal & all behold I've arrived into Taipei for the second time for my long transit. Somehow I love sitting at the back when landing because you might be lucky to see smoke of rubber from the wheels. And that was it for travelling on a Boeing 777. 

Line in immigration took a bit longer than last time I arrived into Taipei normally because of the evening rush hour their were dozens of flights from China, Japan, Thailand and Philippines so you see why it takes a while. Then I got stamped again & proceed through customs.  


And finally out of customs I'm at the arrivals hall find my way to the hotel. The terminal inside arrivals reminds me of Tokyo Narita Terminal 2. Taipei Airport looks so well modern. Coming soon Taipei will be building Terminal 3 which will be interesting for the airport. 



My overall rating from Aircraft Aviation in Europe:
  • Cabin: 9.9/10
  • Hygienic: 10/10
  • Food: 9.8/10
  • Cabin Crew: 10/10
  • Service: 9.9/10 
Overall: 9.9/10

Thank you once again China Airlines for this amazing Boeing 777 flight I traveled it's quiet, cabin looks clean & modern and so much effort for the cabin crew for this short flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment