Wednesday 29 January 2020

My Flight Report British Airways BA2760 London Gatwick, UK - Amsterdam, The Netherlands 25th January 2020 *Club Europe Special*


Airline: British Airways
Flight: BA2790
Type: Airbus A320
Registration: G-EUUT
Flight of origin: London Gatwick, UK
Terminal: South Terminal
Destination: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Terminal Hall D
Date: 25th January 2020
Flight time: 50 minutes
Type of Travel: Non-Schengen flight within the European Union

Welcome to my first Flight Report for 2020. I am re-visiting Amsterdam in The Netherlands with British Airways since my last BA flight was from Amsterdam to Gatwick with BA's Boeing 737-400 four years ago. You may also remember back in two years ago I was on BA' Boeing 767-300ER flight to London Heathrow also from Amsterdam. Check out my BA 767 flight video if you haven't seen it already. 
Back to the Flight Report

Originally this flight was going to be Economy Class. I've decided for this flight I'll be travelling with Club Europe Business Class because my birthday has just finished so I've spoil myself to try it out on this very short flight to Amsterdam in The Netherlands. 

I've checked in online from BA's app so at check-in I've printed another boarding pass encase I lose it (travel tip). So once I've checked my luggage I went to Premium Security where BA's Club Europe, Executive Club for Gold Members and Oneworld Priority is accepted.

Of course when you enter the lounge, is looking out the window seeing planes takeoff, land and parked up. This has to be an amazing views I've ever seen since Gatwick did a lot of changes over the years.

As I've entered the lounge, BA it was completely packed during the morning as many BA flights are flying across the world. Their is a buffet as I only had breakfast. You can have an option of toast, cereal & have a nice hot cup of tea to start your day. Their are games for children featuring Xbox One console & PC for internet gaming. Toilets are super clean & modern. Overall the lounge reminds me of being at a 5 star hotel. 


I didn't had breakfast at home so I decided to eat something light with tea & orange juice that should keep me going till I had lunch on the plane. Fruit was kinda sweet & rich it's not that bad. I had apple juice and bacon roll & hash browns. It's nice to see the BA logo on every cutlery.


Speedbird 100 is BA's exclusive beer if you use the lounge. After drinking the beer when I arrived in Amsterdam, I thought the beer tasted a bit bitter so it's not my cup of tea. Why is it called Speedbird 100?  you all know BA reached 100th anniversary so this is like a limited edition alcohol.  
Overall the lounge for Club Europe is pretty good so I will come back to the lounge again. Sadly I didn't take any pictures you'll some parts of it on my YouTube Channel very soon.


Hear is the aircraft where it'll be taking me to Amsterdam. This Airbus A320 was originally delivered brand new to BA in 2007 it's been with them BA ever since. Boarding starts with BA's Gold, Sliver, Bronze and Club Europe so I've took the seat at row 5A. Once boarding was completed cabin crew has giving us hot towels. I've watched this flight on Flightradar24 where this aircraft arrived from Jersey, Channel Islands till it became my flight to Amsterdam later on. 


So I've departed London Gatwick & it's time to take a look if Club Europe is worth the money you pay on a this short flight.


20 minutes after takeoff, cabin crew start their service. Once my meal has arrived, the captain made his announcement about the progress arriving in Amsterdam. For a 50 minute flight, I had salmon with potato salad and tomatoes. On the top left is olives with cheese. Middle is chocolate orange. And a bread roll. Somehow the crew give us milk but I didn't ask for tea so I had a beer which is not shown. I have to say salmon tasted delicious the potato salad is rich. In general I'm not keen on rich food, but when you are travelling on business class you'll expect to taste to be so good. 

Chocolate & Orange was pretty good little bit rich too kinda reminds me eating chocolate cake. I've only eaten the olives it's one of my fave. I left the cheese out & other that come with it due to the captain turned on the seat belt sign for landing. 

Their no Wi-Fi on this flight so for a 50 minute flight it's not really needed if you are doing work on your laptop or have a bit of entertainment. 

I have to say overall, the crew did an amazingly well on this very short flight especially on Club Europe. 

Finally after it's been two years I've arrived at Amsterdam Schipol Airport on a very cloudy afternoon. Finding passport control took a while because Schipol Airport is currently doing a refurbishment of the terminal for Non-Schengen area. I did manage to find it where I think it use to be a Schengen arrivals. Anyway got through no problems just questions if Amsterdam is my final destination. Unfortunately the e-gate was out of use but the line for EU passport was only one person being cleared so I did the same.


My overall rating:
  • Cabin: 10/10
  • Hygienic: 10/10
  • Food: 10/10
  • Cabin Crew: 10/10
  • Service: 9.9/10 - also includes no Wi-Fi on-board 
Overall: 9.9/10

A big thanks to British Airways for this wonderful short Business Class flight & I will travel with Club Europe again in the near future.

Coming soon you'll see my Full Flight Video on YouTube so expect the video to come in the Spring/Summer time.

Anyway, I'll see you next time with another report.

No comments:

Post a Comment