Wednesday 6 February 2013

Expo Aviation's classic DC-8


This could be the oldest aircraft in my photo is still in operational other than Boeing 707. The cargo company Expo Aviation or Expo Air how people say is a Mc Donnell Douglas DC-8-63 was new to Seaboard Airlines in 1969 ex N8639. Her recent owner was BAX Global ex N867BX from October 1997-December 20th 2005. Her first cargo service was Cargolux Airlines International in 1979 registered TF-FLC it carried on to other airline cargo for Air India, Saudi Arabian Airlines, Icelandair and more until 1997 as I said before.

Expo Air only had 1 fleet her base comes all the way from Sri Lanka but what you see on this photo 4X-EXJ taken 29th January 2013 arrived in Malta from FRJ unfortunately I don't know what airport it is then it stops in Malta if it was a refuel stop until few hours later it wen't to Cairo, Egypt. I miss it's departure because I was busy packing to go to London Gatwick the next day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment