Thursday 18 April 2013

Catania Airport 12th April 2013


It was Friday 12th April 2013 my flight Air Malta flight KM 640 to Catania, Italy was delayed for few hours. Why? I'll explain but first.

It is a very short flight takes 30/40 minutes I left Malta at 9am I arrived in Catania around 9:40am. It was nice the cabin crew give us water or orange juice when we was thirsty on the flight.


9H-AEN Airbus A320-200 was my first Air Malta flight with the new livery I was expected in the first place.


A volcano started on 11th April 2013 throughout 12th April in Mount Etna. Few flights were delayed until it's safe and volcanic ashes moves to another direction by wind.

This is an interesting one here. I though it was a Mc Donnell Douglas MD-80 models but when I research I found out it's a Boeing 717 the first photo I took! Volotea Airlines EI-FBK was new to Midwest Airlines 2004 ex N920ME
 About 6 years ago I took a photo of British Airways in Malta before it was no longer in service but now I found out it's coming to Catania I quickly took a photo since last time I took a photo was 6 years ago. British Airways G-DOCF was new to BA in 1991. The nearest destination it fly close to Malta is Catania and Tripoli, Libya.

I can't remember what was my first Freight photo but this one TNT OO-TNQ Boeing 737-400 was new to Aeroflot in 1998 ex VP-BAM.

It's been around 9 years since I last took a photo of McDonnell Douglas MD-80 series which was Alitalia to Malta. As I was waiting for my flight back to Malta I saw this Meridiana Fly I-SMEB McDonnel Douglas MD-82 was new to Eastern Air Transport in 1991 ex B-28001 from China. 



Finally this one to me is confusing. Blu-express is based in Italy registered OM-CEX from Slovakia I'm trying to find more research. It was new to British Airways in 1992 ex G-DOCI.

No comments:

Post a Comment