Sunday 9 February 2014

My experience on Flybe Dash 8 Q400


When I was a kid I always travel on Boeing 737 & 757 and Airbus A319-A321. My recent flight was  Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 couple of days ago this was my first ever turboprop propeller flight to Dublin, Republic of Ireland from Southampton, United Kingdom. How can I tell the flight between propeller and jet engine flight time? When I flew to Dublin from Southampton it took me 1 hour & 5 mins I think if I flew with Boeing or Airbus it might take me same time as Dash 8 and ATR. The noise is pretty loud than Boeing, Airbus and Embrear.


The cabin of Flybe Dash 8 is nice and simple. It has 2 seats with 78 seating capacity, the emergency exit is located at row 2, it has 2 cabin crews and you can only fit 2 hand luggage in overhead lockers. The overhead lockers are smaller than Boeing & Airbus it is a bit difficult to put your hand luggage in the over overhead lockers depend on the size. The strange of dangerous thing about Flybe's Dash 8 aircraft it doesn't have individual oxygen mask just life jackets. How will passengers can breath without oxygen masks encase of cabin pressure???


 The fasten seat belt & no smoking signs is pretty much like Boeing. The only different of no smoking sign is long like old Airbus A300-A340 the red cross is like Boeing.  

The main reason I want to fly on Dash 8 is the landing gear during the air for take off and landing. Also if any airliner has Dash 8 aircraft has problem of the landing gear encase of emergency landing sitting by the landing gear & taking a photo or video can be prove of advents if the wheel come off or a suspension can break free if the door of the landing gear is open. 





What do I think of Flybe's Dash 8 Q400? It's not bad  it had some issues like climbing the stairs with hand luggage, I bang my head twice when I got in the plane as it's pretty small and the overhead lockers I said are small. The Cabin crew are very friendly when your greet them and say goodbye unlike EasyJet and I think they are safe to fly. I give Flybe's Dash 8 Q400 7/10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment