Wednesday 20 January 2016

What happen to First Choice Airways?

OK so this topic I will walk about what happened to First Choice Airways? Please note I only have one photo I never took any photos from the past & share my worst experience try to spot one.


So lets start with First Choice Airways's early life. It all started back in 1987 as Air 2000 from Manchester, UK callsign JETSET. First Choice is a British Travel Agency for Air 2000 flights & hotels in Europe, North America and Africa until 2004 First Choices decided they wan't to start an airline company called First Choice Airways with the fleet of 5 Airbus A320-200, 3 Airbus A321, 14 Boeing 757-200 and 6 Boeing 757-300ER (As of May 2008) however First Choice Airways ordered Boeing 787-8 Dreamliners unfortunately it never made it to First Choice Airways because the airline company merged with TUI in March 2008. So the fleet from First Choice Airways exchanges Boeing 757 & 767 fleet to Thomsonfly (before name changed to Thomson Airways in 2008) so now First Choice is now with Thomson Airways still part of Travel Shop with Thomson Holidays.

So now I explained much details I can on First Choice Airways now I talk my worst spotting experience. When I was a teenager I wen't home to Malta on holiday from 2005-2008 every Tuesday night First Choice Airways arrives in Malta at 8,9 or 10pm because I had my own digital camera with only 5.8MP at the time my old camera can't pick up night shots & at the time I was school & college in the UK I didn't know First Choice Airways didn't exist in my first year of college in 2007/8. So finally in 2014 before I walk UK Immigration in London Gatwick I saw Thomson Airways  G-OOBM Boeing 767-300ER in January 11th 2014. The livery was still in First Choice Airways it was never in Thomson Airways livery because the aircraft was withdrawn from use in 30th March 2015 it joined Neos in 25th May 2015 as I-NDDL.

No comments:

Post a Comment