Saturday 19 November 2016

London Gatwick, UK 24th October 2016


It's been a year I last visited London Gatwick, UK so now it's time to share what I saw at Gatwick's South Terminal towards the runway. I do apologise for the lack of blogs after my Air Malta KM100 flight report as you know I've been extremely busy with my cabin crew course at college now I have the weekend doing another blog is coming right up after this. 

Pegasus TC-DCD Airbus A320 new to Pegasus in 2014 taken 24th October 2016.

Little recap - while my Air Malta flight was delayed due to recent incident, I was having my breakfast & a cup of tea so I can some aircraft views while I wait for my flight for updates. It's been two years I saw a Turkish Airliner Pegasus back in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. This TC-DCD Airbus A320-200 new to Pegasus Airlines in 2014 sitting next to Turkish Airlines as both airliners are set for departure to Istanbul, Turkey. Pegasus was travelling to Istanbul Sbiha Cokcen & Turkish Airlines to Istanbul - Ataturk. (Photo from my phone)

Air Malta 9H-AEP Airbus A320-200 new to Air Malta in 2007 taken 24th October 2016.
And of course my Air Malta flight. I'm not going to mention any details about my flight as you know, I've already done a Flight Report about it. Lucky for me when I looked at the flight information it's at gate 5, this is one of the new piers I never went before because for low cost airliners and BA I normally go at North Terminal. The new pier reminds me of North Terminal. I think in my opinion my flight was parked there by the runway due to long delay in Malta it's by the runway & avoiding long delays to park at the gate. Now I have an upcoming Air Malta flight next month either Full Flight video or another report.


Norwegian Air Shuttle EI-FHC Boeing 737-800 new to Norwegian Air Shuttle in 2009 ex LN-NOL taken 24th October 2016.
During the final cabin check on my flight, I came across this lucky tail on Norwegian Air Shuttle. The tail as you can see marks from Boeing a 6000th Boeing 737 they ever built I'm not sure if it's for Next Generation or just in general all 737's. I do wish Norwegian Air Shuttle should make t he fuselage special for this 6000th Boeing 737 aircraft not just the tail like EasyJet special livery on the fuselage continue across to the tail.

EasyJte G-EZWF new to EasyJet in 2012 taken 24th October 2016. 
Speaking of EasyJet, I manage to get a decent one before it changes terminals. Even though I be in London Gatwick next month, I see if I can get some last shots depending where some EasyJet aircraft parks. If you don't know already, some EasyJet flights in South Terminal will be moving to North Terminal on 24th January 2017 "Day after my birthday on 23rd."I think North Terminal seems to having it's new home for low cost airliners & charter airliners while some Full Service airlines like Virgin Atlantic (moving to North Terminal) and Emirates for example are in North stuck with low-cost airliners. 


Even for British Airways moving from North to South Terminal.

British Airways G-YMMF Boeing 777-200ER new to British Airways 200 taken 24th October 2016.

As we countdown to British Airways' new home could this be BA's final parking area at North Terminal? If you don't know BA's fleet in Gatwick they are primary used for Airbus A319's A320's and Boeing 777's while London Heathrow is uses Airbus A320 family, Airbus A380, Boeing 747-400, Boeing 767-300ER, Boeing 777's and Boeing 787's.


Ryanair EI-DAC new to Ryanair in 2002 taken 24th October 2016.

And finally we have Ryanair. Although Ryanair operates almost every UK airports including London airports, Ryanair doesn't have many flights in Gatwick compare to London Stansted and London Luton for example while non-London airports like Bournemouth, Bristol, East Midlands, Manchester and two Glasgow airports operates more routes including Cardiff and Newquay Ryanair expanding their destinations while London Heathrow for Ryanair is the only one left out. With Ryanair's destinations in London Gatwick they only operate couple international flights two in Spain to Alicante & Seville and few Irish airports in Republic of Ireland to Cork, Dublin and Shannon while Belfast is Ryanair's only UK domestic flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment