Monday 21 November 2016

London Heathrow, UK 1st November 2016

It's been a year I last visited London Heathrow, UK this time my aircraft photos are better than last time while I was filming a Full Flight video. Enjoy my London Heathrow blog.


Remember this area? For those new spotters who are not I will explain, This was Terminal 1 was formally opened in 1968 by HM Queen Elizabeth II. Although this wasn't the first terminal when Terminal 2 is the first terminal known as The Queen's Terminal first opened in 1955 Heathrow's original terminal. When Terminal 3 came along Heathrow decided to number the terminals till present. What's going to happen to Terminal 1? Since it's been closed down for a year, the plan for Heathrow is when the New Terminal 2 is completed, Terminal 1 is currently on demolition to make way to extended Terminal 2. The project has not started yet because Heathrow is planning to demolish Terminal 3 by 2019 for further extension for Terminal 2. Terminal 4 has no plan for demolition so that means no more Heathrow terminal number for Terminal 4 and Terminal 5? No one knows. In general I normally go at Terminal 4 everytime I arrive from Malta I love that terminal because it's smaller  once you arrive, your at immigration in 7 minutes walking then head to baggage reclaim & easy to drive out of Heathrow it's like London Gatwick South Terminal in my opinion. I've been to Terminal 1 in 2006 meeting my dad's friend from Doha. I'm planning to visit Heathrow Terminal 5 in late Winter 2017 this should be interesting. 

I remember when I landed at Heathrow last year, I'm a big fan of that giant radar that spins around every time we arrive at Heathrow by car & air. When I was a kid, I use to go mad on that radar by drawing a sketch & draw Air Malta plane right beside the radar. Since I landed at Heathrow last year, the radar was gone been replaced by a new radar tower with the concrete tower still remain "As you can see the far right end side." I think because the project for Terminal 2 extension is underway, it's hard to say if it's true that the old concrete tower might come down to demolish as well as Terminal 1 unfortunately.  

British Airways G-XLEE Airbus A380 new to British Airways in 2014 seen in Terminal 3 taken 1st November 2016.

Most of my photos are from Terminal 3. First Aircraft is British Airways Airbus A380 registered G-XLEE this was due to be flight BA209 to Miami, USA from what I saw is catering lorries then the boarding will begin. It's hard for me if I prefer Airbus A380 or Boeing 747-400 till we come the next photo I wanted before retirement.

British Airways G-CIVA Boeing 747-400 new to British Airways in 1993 seen at Terminal 3 taken 1st November 2016.

Well still no plans for retirement yet because British Airways this year refurbished their 747-400 cabin making like the Airbus A380 and Boeing 787 Dreamliners when I saw it online, it looked amazing for an old 20+ year old aircrafts. According to British Airways, the upgraded 747 cabin will only be used destinations to New York JFK in USA, Chicago in USA, Dubai in UAE, Riyadh in Saudi Arabia and Toronto in Canada. Travelling on a Boeing 747-400 is one of my biggest travel request but as they got older, less these jumbo jets will be a loving memory. Interesting about this aircraft, G-CIVA was the one that have British Asia Airways livery in Landor based in Taiwan to operate between London Heathrow to Taipei via Hong Kong. The Airline was ceased in December 2001.

American Airlines N717AN Boeing 777-300ER new to American Airlines in 2012 seen in Terminal 3 taken 1st Nocember 2016.

Photos for American Airlines in my request for spotting since I saw one in Dublin, Ireland and Las Vegas, USA by seeing different types in different livery. While my recent Air Malta flight is taxing to Terminal 4, this Boeing 777-300ER waiting for push back for the flight to Miami, USA. I like the old tail with AA more than the US flag tail imaging a change to that.

Virgin Atlantic unknown registration Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner seen in Terminal 3 taken 1st November 2016.

Here we go! I've finally have Virgin Atlantic Boeing 787 Dreamliner! Virgin Atlantic currently has 13 Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners & 4 are on order. According to Virgin Atlantic's future the airline will replace the Boeing 747-400 from London Gatwick and Manchester to make way for the new Airbus A350-1000 by 2019 with 12 are currently on order I'm not sure if Airbus A380 will replace Boeing 747-400 because last year Virgin Atlantic ended it's era with the Boeing 747-400 at Heathrow. Not sure 787's are also in Gatwick, Manchester and two seasonal routes in Glasgow & Belfast.Hope the future for Virgin will be interesting.

Thai Airways HS-TUA Airbus A380 new to Thai Airways in 2012 seen in Terminal 2 taken 1st November 2016.

As I have starting to get more Asian airliners I feel like I'm almost there for Full Service Airliners. From Terminal 2 Thai Airways HS-TUA Airbus A380 taxing runway 09R on flight to Bangkok, Thailand. Some Asian airliners I'm missing full service airlines are from Japan, Filipinos, India, Pakistan, North Korea, South Korea Qatar & many more I can think of. 

British Airways G-BOAB Aerospatiale/Concorde new to British Airways in 1976 seen by British Airways hanger taken 1st November 2016.

And finally we met the Super Sonic airliner again. Visiting Concorde is on my wish list visiting the exhibition whether it's in the UK, France or in the United States I want to see inside this Super Sonic jet. Silly question who flies fast? Concorde or Sonic the Hedgehog? I vote Concorde because Sonic the Hedgehog can't fly even though he can in Super Sonic form but that's cheating when it comes with transformation the real Super Sonic airliner that flies by birth. This poor G-BOAB still has no future home; Good thing is that this aircraft is still preserved I do wish this would be another Concorde lounge for Terminal 5 but this time with an aircraft first class diner. I can't remember last year I mention about this Concorde, G-BOAB did not retire in 2003 from British Airways; after the Air France Flight 4590 in 25th July 2000 while rest of Concorde was grounded, G-BOAB was withdrawn by British Airways in 15th August 2000 2 and the half weeks after Flight 4950 crash. Soon I will do a blog of the history of G-BOAB this will be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment