Monday 18 February 2019

My Flight Report Aer Lingus EI236 from Dublin, Ireland - London Gatwick, UK 2nd February 2019



Airline: Aer Lingus
Flight: EI326
Type: Airbus A320
Registration: EI-DEM
Flight of origin: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Terminal: 2
Destination: London Gatwick, UK
Terminal: South Terminal
Date: 2nd February 2019
Flight time: 1 hour
Type of Travel: Common Travel Area travelling within the European Union


Welcome to a second Full Flight report for 2019. Today's report from 2nd February is Aer Lingus the first Irish main airliner I've been travelling.  As I arrived in Terminal 2 at Dublin Airport, it's not much of an airport to me it's more like a shopping centre. My only main complaint it has several floors with one for restaurants and one before going to security. The day before my flight was due, I've managed to check-in on my phone picking a window seat so at the day of my flight, I use Aer Lingus check-in kiosk & re-print a boarding pass. It's green with Aer Lingus logo on the boarding than comparing online boarding pass or checked in online from a home computer using a printer.

Walking to the gate took a while because I had to go to the ground floor waiting for a bus to another gate. Sorry gate? well two gates I should say because their is a shuttle bus from gate 335 to another called South Gates by the cargo terminal. South Gates is used for Aer Lingus flights to the United Kingdom (mainland Great Britain) and continental Europe. As I've waited my flight landed in Dublin Airport from it's previous flight, captain & crew changeover and started boarding at gate A.


The aircraft is a 13 year old Airbus A320 delivered in April 2005 and flying in old Aer Lingus livery.


As I've entered the aircraft, I've notice how green everywhere is looks for the aircraft seats and cabin crew uniforms. The crew talked during PA in both English and Irish I've never heard from Ryanair.
Overall the cabin looks nice but outdated for it's age now. Unfortunately, the cabin wasn't all that tidy on my seat because when I opened the table I've spotted a rapper that looks like tuna sandwich stuck at the top. I didn't complain despite it's a very short flight so I didn't had snacks or drinks. Cabin crew did a good job of providing flight service of sandwiches & hot drinks.


After takeoff the sky was clear the farms & countryside looks beautiful than the UK it's so green the Irish coast is amazing to watch. I didn't take much photos after takeoff but I've covered in on my Full Flight video.

From the UK airspace, it was still snowing in northern England & Wales through near London seeing it from the air is beautiful similar to my inbound flight to Dublin. During our descend near London I came across from turbulence at the London area by the coast of Brighton orbiting with few flights landing into London Gatwick, During our final approach we had a little bit of turbulence & touched down smoothly but breaking really hard I do not like.


And hear I am back into London Gatwick UK South Terminal. All flights arriving from Republic of Ireland & domestic flights in South Terminal you'll be disimbarked at the stairs or jetbridge then down stairs again to the bus and arrive in the terminal building.

This is not a normal baggage reclaim arriving from another EU country so I'll explain with Q&A. I'll not cover questions from my last travel blog on Ryanair in 30th January.


1: Is their immigration checks in the UK from Republic of Ireland? No under the Common Travel Area, Border Force do not carry immigration checks like EU Schengen Area. They do provide Police controls if necessary before heading to baggage reclaim.

2: Is this domestic of international area? Domestic. The bus from UK domestic & Republic of Ireland flights will take you to domestic arrivals with the only exception of Channel Islands & Isle of Man in this terminal.

3: No customs checks overall from Republic of Ireland to the UK? No because this photo I took does not have Blue, Red or Green Channel so you arrive in the UK as a domestic passenger under Common Travel Area agreement. Some other UK airports go through customs Blue Channel.



My overall rating from Aircraft Aviation in Europe:
  • Cabin: 7/10
  • Hygienic: 8.4/10
  • Food: N/A
  • Cabin Crew: 10/10
  • Service: 10/10 
Overall: 9.7/10

I have a Full Flight Video currently in progress. Soon this page will be updates to link to my YouTube Channel. Thank you Aer Lingus for your wonderful short flight I'll be looking forward to travel with you again in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment