Saturday 27 October 2018

My flight report China Airlines flight CI04 Taipei-Taoyan, Republic of China - Tokyo Narita, Japan 7th September 2018


Airline: China Airlines
Flight: CI104
Type: Airbus A330-300
Registration: B-18359
Flight of origin: Taipei-Taoyan, Republic of China Terminal 2
Destination: Tokyo Narita, Japan Terminal 2
Date:7th September 2018
Flight time: 2 hours and 25 minutes
Type of Travel: Non-European flight travelling within Asia

After a long layover in Taipei-Taoyan, Republic of China it's time to head to my final destination to Tokyo Narita, Japan. After clearing security & Taiwanese Immigration I've reached my aircraft this time an Airbus A330-300 which makes my travel list completed on the A330 family before the Neo versions are in service.

In general I'm not a big fan of the Airbus A330 somehow it was different when I was on the 300 series compare the 200.

Anyway, as I've checked in back in London Gatwick, UK I had another boarding pass for my final destination so all I did is drop my luggage & head to the gate. The security was pretty quick then I headed to immigration which is almost empty for foreigners and I have to say, it took my 30 seconds I thought it might take longer for foreign citizens. Once your fingerprint is scanned, off I went to the gate.


For those foreigners I saw on TripAdvisor asking their passports did not get stamped on departure, I did got my passport stamped when I left Taipei. I have couple of departure stamps on was stamped on different page so their is proof. The departure stamp is round shaped with an aircraft symbol issued at Taipei International Airport.


So hear is the aircraft I traveled with nothing to say on that. 

The cabin is pretty outdated kinds reminds me on Hi Fly A330 where touch screen is the same. It has game controller with similar aspect to a Super Nintendo controller. One interesting about the monitor, it has a hidden camera on the front seeing the ground crew, all other aircraft and being in flight. The quality isn't that great but it's worth seeing it for the first time because on my Airbus A350 flight, it was digital. Touch screen sometimes respond & don't because the screen is from old cheap plastic but it still does the job perfect. I forgot to take a photo of the cabin aircraft so you'll see it on my YouTube Full Flight Video. When boarding process is complete, the cabin crew starts their passenger announcement in Chinese, English and Japanese one was pa audio and most who is the purser speaks multi languages. Before we takeoff Taipei, the crew purser did one last announcement for takeoff preparations.


As previous on my Airbus A350 flight, we have a pillow and covers for passengers who want to sleep for 2 and the half hour flight. I find the seats a little bit bulky at first but when you get use to where is your best seating position, it's pretty comfy. Because I was still under the jetlag, I manage to sleep after takeoff with the covers around me. 


I forgot to show the flightradar24 results when I was in Japan, this is the overall flight path. Pretty simple flight path just flying through East China Sea then the coasts around Japan & you're their. We've been flying a bit of turbulence in the middle of the East China Sea that was it.  


Before or after takeoff, cabin crew give us Japanese Customs & Immigration Cards "Non-Japanese citizens" it must be filled in otherwise fail to do so will delay your port of entry into Japan. It can be done in the flight or at passport control before entering through immigration.


Lunch is served with rice, carrots, rise and what it looks like chicken if I remember. Apples & I don't know whats next to it it tastes good with a packet of what it looks like a biscuit that looks like Green Tea looking  (It's not good) and bread. Drink I deiced while my body think it's UK night time I had Sapporo a Japanese beer. The beer is pretty good that tastes like Becks. 


Finally I've arrived in Tokyo Narita my dream of a country to visit Japan! The landing was a bit rough because the winds was strong due to recent typhoon that hits Osaka area with Kansai airport was flooded. The airport wasn't even busy from early evening when I arrived for Terminal 2. I have a lot of these photos some will be on other social medias. All I have to say is the flight was awesome!

Immigration for foreign citizens was quicker than I wasn't expected. What happens first their is a mobile finger print scan till it's done and then you head to the immigration officer with a landing sticker with Mount Fuji on the background & you're now in Japan! So if you care about passport stamps, Japanese Immigration on arrival will not stamp you in, instead immigration officer will place a sticker in the passport as port of entry along with another sticker a QR Scan featuring your name, date of birth, nationality and type of visa. I didn't take a picture because QR scan is close to my visa. You'll get your passport stamped when you exit Japan.



Baggage reclaim took about 15 minutes or more depending if your luggage cames first or it might take more depending what airline you travel with in one baggage reclaim. Customs is pretty quick depending what items you need to declare to cross the border or just search encase the condition of the luggage or yourself. The terminal for Terminal 2 is beautiful and modern! 

And so we close off my flight report and I have to say it's still pretty good but not as good than Airbus A350 flight  

My overall rating from Aircraft Aviation in Europe:
  • Cabin: 8.9/10
  • Hygienic: 10/10
  • Food: 9.8/10
  • Cabin Crew: 10/10
  • Service: 9.9/10 
Overall: 9.7/10

I like to thank China Airlines once again for this amazing short flight I had. You can also watch my Full Flight Video for this flight for you to enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment