Wednesday 31 August 2016

My flight report Flybe flight BE1014 Amsterdam, The Netherlands - Southampton, UK 29th August 2016


Airline: Flybe
Flight: BE1014
Type: Bombardier Dash 8 Q400
Registration: G-ECOM
Flight of origin: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Destination: Southampton, UK
Flight time: 1 hour


It was a very cloudy day in Amsterdam, The Netherlands this morning during lunchtime it wasn't that cloudy & all the clouds are starting to break up. After I checked-in security & immigration I immediately went to the gate H6 because it was already shown on flight information when it was inflight. Believe it or not Flybe is not home to H Gate because when I flew with Flybe 2 years ago it was normally at H Gate full of Non-Schengen flights I think because the airport done some improvements all budget airliners are part of H Gate like Flybe, EasyJet and Ryanair for example. British Airways & KLM Royal Dutch Airlines to the UK parks right at the end of the H Gates depebd what type becauase sometimes BA sends out mixture between the Airbus A320 family and Boeing 767-300ER's.


My flight was a 2008 Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 from Flybe G-ECOM The boarding of the flight was a quick process, the flight was full & we was ready to go. You might think the flight was good because I travelled with Flybe's Dash 8 that often, however this is a different report compare when I first travelled on Dash 8 2 years ago.


The flight was bumpy I ever experienced on Boeing, Airbus and Embraer during taxing because when I last went on these Dash 8's the taxing was very smooth however with my flight departing Amsterdam, The Netherlands the pilot seemed to rush the taxi to the runway if it's behind schedule. The rest of the flight was OK however I was sitting in the back of the aircraft as you can see I have a bad view of the window because it's window seems like it's wet during the flight making me hard to see down below.  When we landing in Southampton, UK it was a little bit rough for a Dash 8 landing in a small runway & it brake very hard after touchdown so it wasn't a very nice & smooth landing. Relating back on the window I did filmed a full flight video of this anyway so next week or 2, it will be on my YouTube Channel it's not going to be the best flight video than my KLM I'm working on & I think this will be my best flight for 2016 so I do best flight for 2016 before Christmas.


The cabin looks OK in the photo but in person it's not nice because the overhead locker seems like it had better days (discoloured), stickers are pealing off from the table that said about life jackets on the tray table, tray table is not clean, I can even feel the tag of the life jacket every time I want to move my legs & hands around and the seats to me is so uncomfortable I never experienced on my few Flybe trips because the seats are too hard plus being a tall man I somehow almost banged my heard of the entrance & exit of the plane. The captain and cabin crew are very nice; the crew did a good job making us the flight more comfort but you know I did not enjoyed it, it hurts my bottom & my back. Flybe service is like EasyJet, Ryanair & other budget airliners they are unacceptable. It's not the worst flight like Ryanair but I have to give Flybe back some credit it's still a good airline.


And finally 1 hour later I landed in Southampton, UK. Normally after the seat belt signs is off we normally come out the plane in 5/7 minutes however because I was sitting at the back I have to wait 15 minutes because the stairs for the back that comes in the Dash 8 wasn't working so we have to wait till the ramp arrives but why do we have to wait for the ramp? we boarded the flight at the front shouldn't we exit the aircraft at the front? For a plane built from 2008 from Bombardier it should not have any technical faults for a Canadian built I do understand Dash 8 had bad designs like the landing collapses touch hard touchdowns. I think what Flybe needs to improve from Southampton is to have more Embraer planes during the Summer Season for international flights if the seating complicity is longer than the Dash 8 Q400, Flybe could carry more passengers like the reason why my KLM flight was mean't to be Fokker F70 instead it's Embraer 190. I would say to Flybe order the new Bombardier CSeries & replace the older Dash 8's.

I rate my experience with Flybe 4.6/10 it's not the worst British Airline I will give it another chance in the future maybe on Embraer. Coming October 24th 2016, I will be flying Air Malta flight back home to Malta & back to the UK on 31st October more information soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment