Sunday 11 September 2016

9/11 15 years later

Today is September 11th 2016 marks 15 years of America's worst terrorist attack in American History. The 9/11. Let's look at the airlines.

United Airlines Flight 175

First airline was United Airlines flight 175 N612UA a 1983 Boeing 767-200 on a domestic flight from Logan, Boston to Los Angeles, California carrying 51 passengers & 9 crew most nationalities were Americans others were Canadian, German, British, Israeli, El Salvador, Indonesian and Nepali. After takeoff from Logan at 08:14am, there were 5 hijackers some are American Citizens, Egyptian Citizens and Saudi Citizens I won't mention their names if this is a high security risk from the United States knowing the information. During the flight 2 hijackers got into the cockpit while the others moved the passengers to the back of the Boeing 767 aircraft. Air traffic control try to respond Flight 175 but the hijackers fail to respond & turned off the flight following meaning disappeared off radar still in flight. During the collision in New York, the terrorists descends quickly over New York's airspace in 5 minutes & 4 seconds, for an average of 5,000 feet per minute for a Boeing 767. At 09:01am Flight 175 was on collision to the World Trade Centre in Lower Manhattan then few minutes later it crashed into the South Tower between 77 and 85 floors with the aircraft nose hitting building at 590 mph & 10,000 gallons of fuel on board. With deaths of 51 passengers on that flight also counting with roughly 900 deaths at the World Trade Centre makes it 951 deaths roughly some in the World Trade Centre actually fallen off the building then died while some wear killed during the explosion & collision of the aircraft.

United Airlines Flight 93

I'm not going into full details
Two terrorist attacks in one day was a disaster in America so we come to United Airlines Flight 93 that happened on the same day as Flight 75. United Airlines Flight 75 was a 1996 Boeing 757-200 N591UA on a domestic flight from Newark, New Jersey to San Francisco, California with 37 passengers & 7 crew on board. Most nationalities were Americans some other nationalities were German Citizen, Japanese Citizen and New Zealand Citizen. Flight 93 left Newark at 09:38am by the time Flight 175 crashed into the World Trade Centre, four members of Al-Qaeda hijacked Flight 93. 10:03am, Flight 93 crashed near Indian Lake and Shanksville, Pennsylvania killing everyone on board at around 563 mph at a 40-degree nose-down and inverted attitude. 


My Highlights

Back in 11th September 2001 I was only 10 years old started my final year at children school when I heard when I came home from school two planes exploded I don't think I watched it in school assembly it was a nightmare for America. And now I'm a grown young man I still can't get over my head about 9/11 around that time of the year... When I got into aviation in August 2001 & my dream is to travel across the world, this is also why after 9/11 I learn how to do Martial Arts so the training I'm currently studying back on planes I can defend myself protecting my future passengers & my future crew with the airline at very high/low attitudes or on the ground even as a passenger if I travel with friends and families or myself. However my Sensei passed away 5 years ago I was one belt to become 1st Dan Black Belt I will never forget that he said to me before he died "When you travel as a cabin crew, you must think back of your loved ones. Imagine your passengers are your friends and family, release your anger when the hijacker comes to you with a gun or a knife always focus of your thoughts but always think what the body movement is. If you are thinking to become a cabin crew, train your friends how to defend themselves the way I taught you." I still never forgotten his wish before he died so I'll do my best from his heart. 


As for America, my travel movement when it comes to 20 years from 9/11, I'll try to visit New York to support the American people who lost their loved ones. From Aircraft Aviation in Europe I like to pay my respects for the American people & the United States of America from the bottom of my heart. Rest in Peace who died on September 11th 2001.

No comments:

Post a Comment