Saturday 3 September 2016

Airlines in Special Liveries


As we continue from my previous blog about my photo shots of Retro Airline liveries, this time this is special liveries that includes sponsorship's, events and memberships i.e. OneWorld and SkyTeam so let's take a look at my photos.

BEFORE!

9H-AEO Airbus A320-200 seen in Malta taken 29th January 2013.
Fist off I mentioned this a lot on my blogs I'll do one more. This was Air Malta previous livery of 9H-AEO in special livery called Valletta European Capital of Culture 2018 to promote our capital's best culture in 2018 now I heard my country is almost the safest country in the world to travel & live. The livery was first shown off in March 2012 6 months before our airline showed off a brand new livery. I always mentioned why did Air Malta introduced this livery before the new livery was shown. 2 years later...
AFTER!

9H-AEO Airbus A320-200 seen in Malta taken 3rd July 2016.
We have our current livery from Malta still in special colours. In general I love the livery it's not my taste compare to the previous Air Malta livery I'm more into retro or previous look of the livery. The paint of Valletta seems to be a little bit darker than the previous look unless that was my camera picking it up. Overall, it's not bad looking I still like the old livery.

Turkish Airlines TC-JPE Airbus A320-200 new to Turkish Airlines in 2012 seen in Malta taken 7th January 2015.
Next we have Star Alliance livery this is from Turkish Airlines. I think Star Alliance livery is the worst livery I have ever seen because all it is is black tail with a start on it with by Star Alliance test on the fuselage. The reason why I uploaded this, is because in April 25th 2015 this aircraft TC-JPE Airbus A320-200 crashed landed in Istanbul, Turkey when the right wing & engine contacted the runway, go around & the landing gear collapsed now classed as written off so this is a bit of a tribute from the crash. 

British Airways G-DBCD Airbus A319 new to BMI in 2004 seen in Dublin, Ireland taken 8th February 2014.
I never thought I see British Airways in special liveries until I came across G-DBCB Airbus A319 painted in Olympic Dove colours before the London 2012 Olympic Games started. This aircraft was ex BMI. It was an very early, cold & windy morning in Dublin, Republic of Ireland around 8am roughly to London Heathrow, UK  British Airways has roughly 4 Olympic liveries from their Airbus A319's some of their engines repainted back to blue.

American Airlines N714AA Boeing 757-200 new to American Airlines in 2002 seen in Dublin, Ireland taken 7th February 2014.
One of the main request I want in special liveries is OneWorld until out of nowhere I saw American Airlines on final in Dublin, Republic of Ireland with OneWorld livery lucky it's not like Star Alliance. OneWorld livery is mixed between American Airlines full livery with OneWorld text &logo next to the cockpit most airlines have that like British Airways's Boeing 747-400 in different position for example. American Airlines have a couple of fleets in OneWorld livery one is my photo of N174AA a 2002 Boeing 757-200 and one Boeing 777-200ER N791AN in American Airlines new livery. It's lucky I have American Airlines in old livery for now because we don't know the future of their Boeing 757's it might stay in the US for domestic flights if Dublin & Shannon counts as it has US Pre Clarence.

KLM Cityhopper Embraer 190 new to KLM Cityhopper in 2012 seen in Southampton, UK taken  26th August 2016.
And finally we come to my recent flight from last Friday. KLM Cityhopper in SkyTeam livery In my opinion SkyTeam has the best liveries with a purple coloured tail with SkyTeam logo, purple ribbon look at the back of the aircraft, big SkyTeam logo on the fuselage and by the flight deck is shows this aircraft is operating by KLM Cityhopper & a big KLM logo by the first door. When I saw my plane on final approach in Southampton, UK I thought it's Flybe till I zoom my camera that's SkyTeam look. KLM Cityhopper PH-EZX Embraer 190 my previous flight is the only aircraft that has SkyTeam livery and KLM Royal Dutch Airlines has two SkyTeam liveries PH-BVD Boeing 777-300 and PH-BXO Boeing 737-900.

If I see nore special liveries in the near future, I will do an update blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment