Saturday 10 September 2016

Russian jet airliners

This top I'm going to show my photos of Russian  narrow-body jet airliners none of my friends & tutor in college might never heard off for the course I'm studying. 


Rossiya Airlines RA-86467 Ilyushin IL-62 new to Aeroflot in 1992 ex CCCP-86467 seen in Malta taken 17th August 2004.
This is Ilyushin IL-62 it first flew in 1963 & introduced in 1967 with Aeroflot, LOT Polish Airlines, Cubana de Aviacion and Air Koryo it was finished production 1995. Back in the day, there were so many airliners are interested to have this Russian built airliner with four engines at the back two on each side & can handle short & medium haul. You may think it looks like a Vickers VC-10 because the look is almost the same but not quite because IL-62 is a bit larger than a VC-10; the tail looks the same, this has eight emergency exits two on the fuselage and four over the wings. One interesting feature of the IL-62 it has another wheel hidden at the back because when the aircraft parks, this long stick comes out has a wheel to keep the aircraft balanced encase of high winds shakes the aircraft or losing balance on the ground. IL-62 has now limited of limited service of IL-62 only use for Governments and one airliner Air Koryo from North Korea has two for VIP flights.

Atlant-Soyuz Airlines RA-85736 Tupolev TU-154 new to Vnukovo Airlines in 1992 seen in Malta taken 20th August 2005.
Then we come to my favorite & loudest engine I have ever herd! This is a Tupolev TU-154 first flew in 1968 & introduced in 1972 with Aeroflot. Most TU-154's was ordered to the Middle East and Communist countries like Russia, Cuba, China North Korea for example. These planes wear marked to be used for short & medium haul commercial use. If your a spotter like me back in the day, when I first experienced when I was 14 2005, my ears started to hurt when it landed & take off it felt like the engines sounded like a child scream but 100 times worse for this aircraft I really did enjoy the sound when it taxied. The start up engines sounded beautiful. TU-154 was marked to compete with Ilyushin IL-62 most Russian built airliners don't normally compete with Boeing, Airbus, Bombardier and Embraer. TU-154 is now very limited when it ended era for passengers, it's now been used for Government use only in Russia, China and North Korea. Depending on the age of  the TU-154M, they are banned from the European Union due to noise regulations they can't modified when the plane is too loud & a lot of smoke than the Boeing 737 Classics and McDonnell Douglas MD-80's. For example when I took this Atlant-Soyuz Airlines in Malta from 2005 the airline announced when the EU starts to ban the TU-154 to the EU Airspace; Atlant-Soyuz ordered a Boeing 737-300 in 2006 & Boeing 737-800 in 2010 before it was ceased operation.

Aeroflot RA-86079 Ilyushin IL-86 new Aeroflot in 1985 seen in Malta taken 22nd August 2003.
Is it an Airbus A340? No this is Ilyushin IL-86 first flew 1976 & introduced in 1980 with Aeroflot till it's retired from passenger use in 2011 now use for military after the followup of the IL-96. When you go inside the cabin it looks like a Boeing 747 look but without an overhead bin in the middle which is strange because this is use for short & medium haul imagine in Summer period more passengers with their carry on luggage on board. Il-86 has their own stairs like some Boeing 737's and Boeing 727's for example, this aircaft has one underneath the fuselage at the front like MD-80's & Boeing 727's located at the back. Il-86 stairs reminds me of the US Air Force One had the similar thing before.

Red Wings RA-60403 Tupolev TU-204 new to Red Wings in 2008 seen in Malta filmed 15th July 2012.
A Boeing 757? it's not. This is a Tupolev TU-204 from 1989 & introduced in 1995. To me this is a next generation from Tupolev because the aircraft is very quiet I have never heard from a Russian plane. When TU-204 first introduced to commercial use, Tupolev decided to replace the TU-154 with modernized computers on the flight deck, hydraulic and environmentally friendly. As I mentioned it looks like a Boeing 757-200 because the fuselage looks identical but it has lower rage and playload meaning the TU-204 can only be used for short haul flights compare to Boeing 757's can be used for short, medium and long haul flights up to 8 hours or less. TU-204 is the first Russian Airliner to to used for freight (TU-204-100C) with Aviastar-TU operating for DHL Express between Moscow Domodedovo, Russia to The Middle East and some European Union countries such as East Midlands, UK for example. TU-204 do fly within the EU so I recommend checkout Red Wings while they fly within that area of the European Union countries. When I was in Malta before I opened my YouTube Channel, I manage to take a photo but my SD Card was corrupted so lucky I manage to film it. Click the video to see it arrived in Malta 4 years ago. That includes my photos of the Russian Airliner planes; soon I will make an Antonov blog in the future & mention more detail about the main cargo plane I see regularly. When the upcoming Irkut MC-21 comes in service & spot one, I'll include that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment