Wednesday 20 July 2016

Air Malta livery (update)

Before I go into Part 5 for Farnborough International Airshow I like to show you the update of Air Malta livery. It's going to be a bit similar from what I compare between new & previous livery.

9H-AEL Airbus A319 taken 25th June 2016.
So lets begin with the first livery that introduced to Air Malta back in 2012. If you still want to know the previous livery to compare 3 years ago, it's on the blog. As you can see it's a very modern livery for the 21st century featuring more colours at the back of the aircraft red, orange and blue, Maltese Cross on the winglets, engines is all red with airmalta.com and "Malta" on the fuselage with the slogan "The airline of the Maltese Islands" and Welcome in Maltese and English makes our airline very friendly. Then we come with the tail which for me it's a little bit a flaw. The right side of the cross is not fully complete because there isn't enough room for it. Really Air Malta needs to re-paint the tail a bit smaller to fit the right cross like the winglets. So let's continue with special livery.

9H-AEO Airbus A320-200 taken 1st July 2016.

Next we come to 9H-AEO. The special livery is called Valletta European Capital of Culture 2018 promoting Malta's best capital in the next 2 years. The livery was re-painted twice because in 2012 before the new livery was introduced, Air Malta painted this special livery in previous Air Malta livery until Air Malta decide to re-paint in current livery back in 2013. I'm not sure if the Valletta art was re-painted from scratch. The only two differences is the paint of green & orange and there is small blue on the tail at the top part by the Maltese Cross. Overall it's a very nice special livery.

9H-AEI Airbus A230-200 taken 3rd July 2016.
And finally we go back to the original Air Malta! This aircraft 9H-AEI is the original Air Malta livery dating back from 1973/74. I won't go into details about the livery because I think most of you are from that generational gap to remember it. However my complaint from what I been hearing is that the cabin is not that special to make our airline special it's just a standard look like all other Air Malta aircraft. All I have to say is, I'm very proud of my heritage and I'm very proud of Air Malta from my heart.

Air Malta current livery overall: 
  • Livery 9.5/10
  • Logo 10/10
  • Uniform 10/10
  • Cabin 9.5/10
I rate the livery: 9.8/10

Air Malta 9H-AEI livery overall:
  • Livery 10/10
  • Logo 10/10
  • Uniform 10/10
  • Cabin 9.8/10
I rate the livery: 9.9/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment