Wednesday 27 July 2016

Jet2 vs Jet2holidays livery

Well I wouldn't say throughout the years because Jet2 has special liveries they feature in some aircrafts. First off we have to go back in time. Jet2 callsign CHANNEX first introduced in October 2002 & first operated in February 2003 based from Leeds, UK  to operate British Tourist to the popular holiday resort only up north of England, Scotland and Belfast, Northern Ireland.

Jet2 G-CELK Boeing 737-300 seen in London Gatwick, UK taken 23rd January 2016.

I'm not going to anymore information about the airline because I only do ceased airlines. Lets start with Jet2 first livery shall we? this photo was the first Jet2 livery with gray fuselage. To me the livery looks a bit bland in a way I mean gray is not my favorite colour out there. When I found a new livery for Jet2 I thought it's a new generation, turns out it's not so lets look at the next photo & why I love it.

Jet2 G-EDFN Boeing 737-300 seen in Malta taken 28th June 2016.

This known as Jet2holidays livery featuring blue tail with the sun, wiglets also same thing with blue & sun and the engines is blue with Jet2holidays logo. The reason why I love the livery is because the fuselage is perfect, the tail, engine and winglets are perfect match to promote their Jet2holiday brand. Most of the Jet2holiday liveries you will find is their Boeing 737-300, 737-800 and Boeing 757-200 aircraft while still have their Jet2 livery so for that I have to sat Jet2holiday livery wins. 

Would I travel Jet2 in the future? It has to be yes and no. Yes because there are few old 737 Classics and Boeing 757's still in use these days and no because I live in the south of England the company is based up north of England in Leeds, East Midlands, Manchester, Newcastle & new base Birmingham starting March 30th 2017. So why Jet2 won't operate in London area like Gatwick, Stansted and Luton?  I think the only route Jet2 use to operate in the south of England is only in Bournemouth for Jet2's cargo service back in the day. I understand if they do operate in London during charter services but they need to travel down the south other than Scotland and Northern Ireland. So oneday I will travel Jet2 in the long distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment