Monday 4 July 2016

Thomas Cook Airlines livery throughout the years

After the departure of Airtours International Airport callsign KESTREL in 2004 rebranded to MyTravel Airways, Thomas Cook Airlines was born on 31st Marcch 2003 till callsign KESTREL. Anways let's not go to more detail about the airline. Today like my Condor blog I will take a look at the livery of Thomas Cook Airlines. Thomas Cook Airlines has mixture between old, new & leased livery so let's take a look back at my first Thomas Cook photo.

Thomas Cook Airlines G-TCKE Airbus A320-200 seen in Malta August 2005.
This was my first Thomas Cook Airlines photo in Malta taken in August 2005 2 years after the airline starterd operating back in the day. The tail is all blue with Thomas Cook logo, blue engines and "ThomasCook.com" in big blue text. In general I love blue on airlines like TUI, Thomas Cook and KLM. The old Thomas Cook logo only lasted around you might think it's not that long because most airline don't change around 10/15 years like EasyJet, Ryanair, Flybe and Monarch for examp


Thomas Cook Airlines G-JMCG seen in London Gatwick, UK 11th January 2014.

Then we go half & half with the new & old livery. Like my Condor blog it's the same like the new logo on the tail, blue engine still have blue tail etc if you look closely in person or from any photo shots, you can see the circle where the old Thomas Cook logo use to be located of course it's only temporary.... is it? because some Thomas Cook Airlines & other Thomas Cook operators still have the previous livery. Mind you some fleets like Thomas Cook Airlines has retired their Boeing 757-200 not that long ago. Even the Boeing 767-300 still have the old livery too. Also there was a special livery on the old Thomas Cook livery on a Boeing 757-200 to promote Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt too.  


Thomas Cook Airlines G-VYGK Airbus A330-200 seen in Las Vegas, USA taken 31st August 2015.

Then we come to the current Thomas Cook Airlines livery. Well not a lot to say because when I was in Las Vegas, USA I can't see the hole fuselage at the departure gate... I already covered a blog about my first long haul flight experience if you wan't to take a read about the airline & the livery.

Of course the winglets I wan't to talk about because if you saw my Condor blog it had Feather Flock instead Thomas Cook Airlines & possibly other Thomas Cook airline companies apart from Condor have a love heart on. I think I understand why it has a love heart on the winglets. Maybe it's because if a tourist sees a wonderful view of any destinations in the hot sun they take a picture with the love heart (new logo) then share it on Thomas Cook Facebook page. For example: This photo I left Las Vegas, USA I want to take a photo of the city with a love heart showing how much I love visiting there & love to come back soon.


SmartLynx Airlines YL-LCO Airbus A320-200 seen in Malta taken 28th June 2016.

And finally with have SmartLynx Airlines. First off is that Thomas Cook Airlines has withdrawn their Airbus A320-200 few years ago I'm not sure why. Anyway Thomas Cook Airlines want's to lease their Airbus A320-200 to SmartLynnx Airlines from Latvia for the Summer Season only 3 in the fleet also include 1 Airbus A321. The livery as you see is all white with Thomas Cook writing on the fuselage and the current logo on the tail there is nothing to say really. 



No comments:

Post a Comment