Wednesday 27 July 2016

Maltese Travel Agents the airline logos of the past

When I was in Malta recently I went on a quest to discover retro airline logos from ceased travel agents and existing travel agents still show retro stuff. So lets take a look what I found & I explain these old logos before my I was & wasn't even born.


Lets take a look at the original Air Malta logo from 1974-1990 I don't know how long travel agents been closed down for because today's it's all done through internet but before I was born everybody goes to travel agents or use the phone before internet exist. During the closure of travel agents around the 1980's, 1990's and possibly early 2000's, these retro airline logos left abandoned. After surviving through Malta's rough winters and very hot summer seasons, the pain work is still in very good condition! I'm not sure if it's oil paint if so, oil paint are really hard to come off & void from being rusted away. Since it's been covered from the wall above it makes it very good condition.  


Before we go go other old airline logos, there are existing travel agents still shows Air Malta previous livery of stickers and models. I don't know why the model is on windowsill because the sunlight is eating away to paint starting to fade & it's 9H-AEO. With the sticker is Air Malta Airbus A310 when Air Malta use to lease it when I was a baby due to orders of their Boeing 737-300's and Airbus A320. It brings me memories of the old Air Malta livery. 


Then we come to other airline logos. We still have another Air Malta logo from 1974, next we have the first British Airways logo from 1972, UTA from 1963 was ceased in 1992, Qantas from 1968 on the top right, Sabena was ceased in 2001 and Alitalia from 1969. As I mentioned about ceased airline companies, I believe in Malta there are more ceased logos still around today if so I will find out because there are history of ceased airlines.


Next we come back to the same travel agent that I mentioned about Air Malta model on the windowsill we have a British Airways logo from 1982-1997. This is the only sign that' still in use on behalf of British Airways today generation  by looking at the logo brings me back memories because I once travel with BA with that logo in the mid 90's. So let's go back to British Airways again where I found more hidden treasure!



Take a look at this! British Airways ticket & booking information office I'm not sure if it's still opens today as you can rely on the building. This is a 1972 British Airways banner with Japan Airlines sticker on top of British Airways banner. Hold up, were not done yet as I save this till last as I keep seeing it growing up.


We have this, lots of logos and airline stickers from a blast to the past before I was born. The photos are not great because it's taken from my phone so I go disguise waving my phone around acting I was playing Pokemon Go. What we have is British Airways huge banner, Lufthansa logo that never changed in today's generation, Japan Airlines, EgyptAir and Continental I can't see the rest of the stickers because my phone is not that great with cameras, Amazingly no Air Malta logo for a travel agent unless they do or use to deal with foreign airlines. There is one I miss out which is Iberia however I'm back in Malta in the next 3 months so I will look out for more. If you are thinking about coming to Malta & find old airline logos I suggest come to Valletta  I won;t mention where about so I leave it up to you & find out. I like to thank Air Malta on Facebook for uploading my first photo of Air Malta I should be on their Facebook page soon. 

3 comments:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    best indian travel agents in usa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you've enjoyed it.

      Thank you for reading Maltese Travel Agents the airline logos of the past.

      Aircraft Aviation in Europe.

      Delete
  2. I found this is an informative and interesting post so i think so it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.best indian travel agents in usa

    ReplyDelete