Saturday 23 July 2016

Red Arrows flying over Portsmouth, UK 22nd June 2016

Last years America's Cup in Portsmouth, UK was a disaster due to UK's bad weather with bad tides & cancelling Red Arrow display so the event was cancelled. In recent America's cup here in Portsmouth the event wen't very well & seeing the Red Arrows again. 


Before America's Cup began, Red Arrows flew over Portsmouth and parts of Isle of Wight they flew over Southsea Common I thought they flew at a different direction because there base was at Bournemouth, UK. Anyway this was the first photo & first flying display of the Red Arrows as part of the opening event it only flew on 22nd July not on other dates or the final day.


I have chosen some of my popular photos similar to Farnborough International Airshow. If you look back few years back, Red Arrows flew a similar display like D'Day Anniversary. The only thing I love about the Red Arrows is when they lift up to the sky & drops down with smoke coming out of the Red Arrows. Because of recent crash on land, Red Arrows are no longer doing display near residential homes I think so instead they can do it by sea like Portsmouth and upcoming Bournemouth Air Festival so they save our lives if crash on water.


And now the drop! after when they drop, they split & continue doing more stunts till re-unites. I'll show you few more photos this time closing up.


Oh yeah the colour smoke. It make it like the Union Jack. I remember when Red Arrows flew to Malta in 2012, when Air Malta celebrates their new livery, the Red Arrows was flying by Air Malta with red smoke making like our Maltese flag for Malta International Airshow.


Never forget the love heart! When I was in Farnborough there was 2 planes try to make it like a love heart but it doesn't look that good so I prefer the Red Arrows. It's not my favorite one because when they were in Portsmouth couple of years ago the weather was beautiful not a single cloud. Because the smoke is red I wish it was blue.


So now we come one last photo. This is the best close up I took because there were a lot of people in the way with their cameras. Overall I enjoyed the Red Arrows around Portsmouth America's Cup & I hope it will fly again next year. 




No comments:

Post a Comment