Monday 18 July 2016

Farnborough International Airshow 2016 Part 1: First look inside Airbus A380!

We are going to do one blog at a time of my main aviation shots in Farnborough International Airshow 2016. So this part of the blog is about my first look inside of the Airbus A380. In general I never travelled on a Boeing 747 & Airbus A380 so for the first time I'm finally going to see inside the double decker jumbo other than my spotting years.


It was early morning in Farnborough, UK this was my first shot of the Airbus livery. Did you know? F-WWDD is an early A380 first flew 18th October 2005? When it was with major different airline companies it was with Emirates in November 2005, Singapore Airlines in February 2006, Lufthansa in May 2006, Ethiad in July 2006 and back to Airbus livery in August 2006. It was mod from Airbus A380-841 to 861.


When I saw people coming in & out of the aircraft, I thought you have to be a VIP or something to go in. It was open to the public to see for free or you can donate to charity. When I was close to the stairs, the exhibition was closed because the aircraft is due to fly on display around lunchtime then it re-opened at 2pm till the end of the airshow. You can go in for free or you can also donate money that goes through charity. Because I had small change in my wallet I donated £1.


I won't be putting a lot of flying display as it's going to be on my Facebook page. This first photo just to see what it looks like flying low attitude & went slow. I do have one complaint, yes it was first aircraft to start at the airshow. However it did not fly very long roughly 10 minutes while Airbus A400M was waiting starts her display when the A380 went on final approach. When the aircraft landed at runway 24 it turned around very tight at runway 06 to head back to runway 24 then it wen't tight again the runway is small & waiting for a pushback to tow the A380 back to it's exhibition area.


So the A380 finished her flying display NOW it's time to go in! I love the A380 engines but it's not really my thing when it comes with Airbus engines. At the end of the day we all have different opinions. All Airbus engines in the middle have swirls to indicate the engines are running. With A380 don't have the swirl just a line. I'm not sure what A350 engines look like.


 Then we come to the cabin! this is the lower deck. as you can see it's just a testing lab from what it look like back in 2005. I believe when this aircraft was modified, the aircraft was never with other airline companies so Airbus can find out any mistakes & how can they approve it for example Qantas incident A380's first incident. It continues straight to the end of the fuselage.


Going to the cockpit was off limits so the only way to see is this photo. What happens is someone sits on a chair & monitor live from the cockpit, flight instruments vertical speed, attitude, throttle checks, fuel and many more! So once it was given the all clear it can now start building more A380's who ever wants to buy them.   


The we come to the wings. My first quote "I can't believe the wings are so big I want to travel with the A380!" yes the wings is a lot bigger than a Boeing 747-400 and possibly the 747-8. If I go on Airbus A380 in the future, I will be sitting by the wings as well as Boeing 747's too.


Then we come to upstairs cabin. I belive there are two stars one at the front & one at the back which I came through. This part here is nothing special just more details about the aircraft with posters and fliers as well as spare passenger seats. When we come to the last photo you'll see this part!



We now come to this! Unfinished cabin? or cabin for engineers, spare pilots and cabin crew to rest? Only thing is missing is the monitors from the back of the seats to entertain with movies, music & maps other than that it seems to be a First Class cabin ish! I have sit on these seats because there are a bit different in the middle and window seats. All I have to say is that the seats are so comfy! stretching my legs after all day standing up I almost fallen a sleep after my busy day of transport by train. So now we come to an end of my first blog of Airbus A380 in Farnborough International Airhow I'm currently doing Part 2 I think you'll find it interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment